Vegetarian Grilling

Feb 9, 2021 - 10:55 AM

• I'm looking to add more veggies to my weekend grilling menu! Does anyone have any fun and tasty recipes to share?

• Yes, I made a quick smoked tofu burnt ends recipe that was pretty good for the traditional smoky bbq flavor without the meat. Simply cube hard tofu into large cubes, then marinate them overnight in your favorite marinade. Once your grill is ready for smoking, add the tofu indirectly onto the grill/smoker and smoke them until they've absorbed smoke and have attained color. Then give them a quick sear over the coals and toss them in your favorite bbq sauce. Enjoy!

• Yes. Nothing better that grilling some of your favorite vegetables on the grill! I cut up and lightly coat my veggies with some avocado oil and a little salt & pepper. Grill them to the tenderness you like. Some of my favorites are asparagus, zucchini, portobello mushrooms, and peppers.

• I like wrapping corn on the cob in some foil with different seasonings like garlic, salt & pepper. I put a little pat of butter in and wrap it up tight. Grill on indirect heat for about 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so. I put these on before the meat I’m grilling as they take less time.

Hope that helps!

This post was edited Feb 16, 2021 01:22PM
  • Portabello mushrooms on the grill are awesome. I like to grill them on both sides and finish with the gills up and add some butter and seasonings to the center.

Quick reply