FOR THE PORK BELLY BURNT ENDS:
- 5 pound pork belly, sliced into 1 ½” cubes
- Yellow mustard
- 1 cup dry rub (used some Holy Voodoo from Meat Church and Mad Raccoon Original)
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Mad Raccoon)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2+ tablespoons of hone (I used AR’s Southern Hot Honey)
- Preheat smoker to 225-250 degrees using Prime 6 Charcoal and your choice of wood (I used oak splits)
- Trim the extra skin and fat off of the Pork Belly, divide it into 1 ½” cubes and place into a bowl.
- Add mustard and dry rub and mix together, then place onto a wire rack or directly into the smoker.
- Smoke for approximately 3 hours. You’re looking for a dark red color with some bark.
- Put the cubes into an aluminum pan and add the BBQ sauce, butter and honey and mix together until thoroughly coated. Cover with aluminum foil and place back onto the smoker.
- Cook 90 more minutes until the internal temperature (IT) is 200-203 degrees Fahrenheit. They should be tender when probed with a thermometer or toothpick.
- Uncover and let cook an additional 10 minutes to tighten up the sauce.
- Remove from smoker and serve to happy Superbowl Party attendees!