Grilled Shrimp & Pineapple Tacos with Secret Sauce
Recipe by Riki & Oron Franco, Prime6 Founders
2 lb Clean Large Shrimp (preferably large 31/35 and up)
½ cup Chopped Cilantro (divided into two)
2 TB EVOO
1 Lime, cut in half
Zest from lime
Pineapple, clean and sliced
1 Shallot (if you do not have, use a red onion), finely chopped
For the Sauce:
5 TB Sour Cream
5 TB Mayonnaise
Zest from lime
1 ts Old bay spice
½ ts Paprika
1 TB Sriracha (can use more if you like heat)
- Start your P6 charcoal in your grill
- Make the sauce – combine all ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a bowl or on a sheet pan, drizzle a bit of EVOO on the sliced pineapple. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine shrimp, half of the chopped cilantro and lime zest. Drizzle some EVOO, season with salt and pepper and squeeze one half lime. Mix well.
- Place your pineapple on the grill till charred and grill marks show well. Flip and grill the other side as well. Remove from the grill and let cool.
- Place your shrimp on the grill (in a net or on skewers). While they grill, chop your pineapple and place in a bowl. Add the chopped cilantro, chopped shallot, juice from half a lime, a drizzle of EVOO, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Just before the shrimp are done, heat up your tortillas.
- Assemble your taco! Start with a bit of sauce, add shrimp, Pineapple salsa and top with a bit more sauce.
- Make another one...